What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website can include:
- Personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you time and having to re-enter information whenever you return to our site.
This data is collected by “cookies” as you move around the site. What are Cookies? A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk.
Most web browsers can be set to prevent receiving new cookies, notifying you before accepting cookies or disabling cookies altogether. Details about this are normally found in the Help facility provided with your browser.
If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- If you select to receive email updates on products and offers, your preferences and use of email updates, as recorded in emails we send you.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
The details we collect will be used:
- to process your order
- to maintain guarantee records
- to provide after- sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply or deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after- sales service)
- to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Protx or other credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and/or private databases and they may keep a record of that check for use in future security checks. (This helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions)
- to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone or such other means as we regard as appropriate including new technologies.
- to refer to third party debt recovery agents/solicitors to assist with collection of unpaid debts.
If you do not wish to receive any communications from us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
- Your personal information can be updated by emailing precise details of your request to email@example.com. Please type “update” in the subject line of your email.
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Type “No Marketing” in the subject line and in the main text, please type your full name, postal address, including postcode, email address.
We will remove your data from all direct marketing, although we will keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address below.
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information about you that we hold. To do this, simply write to us at the address below, enclosing a cheque for £10, payable to Pasturetec Ltd to cover our administration costs
Customer Services – Data Request
Sales and Accounts
Pasturetec Ltd, Jackson’s Yard, Nicolson Way, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2AW
Any other websites to which we may be linked are subject to their own policy and their policy may differ from ours.